Line 183 (Magnolia Blvd. - Kenneth Rd. - E. Colorado St.)
Eastern terminal proposed to be relocated to downtown Burbank, with remainder cancelled to eliminate service duplication with various MTA (red dots) and Beeline (black dots) routes. Withdrawn by staff after the public hearing, then reconsidered two years later: Weekend service between Burbank and Glendale cancelled June 24, 2007 as part of Metro Connections. Similar proposals to cancel the segment on weekdays was considered again for June, 2008 and June, 2011 but were withdrawn by staff after the public hearing both times; after the 2011 withdrawal the Governance Council directed staff to create a final, best proposal for future consideration.
Public Comment and (Staff Response):
- Some segments would have no replacement service, patrons would have to transfer two or three times and Beeline #6 does not operate on Sundays (maintain service in consideration of opposition received and the need to continue to provide service to transit dependent residential areas in Burbank and Glendale)
- Operate service from Burbank at least to Alameda Ave. and San Fernando Rd. (see above response)
- City of Glendale: Route serves one of the most transit dependent areas in Glendale (see above response)
- City of Burbank: Service needed for transit dependent residential area northeast of Glenoaks Blvd. (see above response)
- Run smaller vehicles at reduced headways to address service deficiencies (not cost-effective and may run afoul of labor contracts)